Sunday, August 30, 2015

Collaborative Mascot Mural

It has been SOOOO busy getting my new classroom set up, finishing up curriculum plans, learning my new schedule and responsibilities, and everything else that goes along with switching schools.

I wanted to take a few minutes to share the project we used to kick off the year and transition into art class. I used the same process a few years ago (I use that term loosely) at one of my previous schools and thought it would work well for high school. Each high school and middle school student completed one square for each class in which they are enrolled. Some finished early and drew extras. I put the lesson up on the smARTteacher for their August challenge so you can read about the whole process there.
The small sections look cool on their own but I really like what we accomplished together.

No comments:

Post a Comment