Here are the steps off of the site.
The Make Art Phase
- From August 2 to September 30, create a PC wallpaper design to show your artistic talent. Photography, graphic design, and traditional visual art are all eligible.
- Submit your wallpaper design and tell us about the importance of art education and why art should stay in schools! (You must be 25 years old or younger to participate)
The Save Art Phase
- Starting September 1, share your design with your friends through Twitter and Facebook. NOTE: My students are too young to enter since you are supposed to be 13 to have a Facebook account. Well, I guess I don't know the rules about Twitter but this is probably more appropriate for middle school or high school.
- Get your friends to share your design with their Twitter and Facebook friends too.
- You can also share your design with local representatives to advocate for art education!
- Each "share" counts toward your chance to win.
The Judging Phase
- The five wallpaper designs with the most "shares" will win sweet prizes!
- A panel of expert judges will review the 5 most “shared" designs and choose the Grand Prize winner.
- Winners will be announced October 12!
P.S. There is some great advocacy information on their website too! http://www.dosomething.org/make-art-save-art/art-ed