I probably mentioned before (I talk so much I can't remember who I've told what and what I've written) that I got a grant last fall to paint a mural at school with my 4th-6th grade students. The students each created a design that was turned in to me (some worked with partners and this was not my brightest idea). I photographed the artwork, sorted it, and came up with three designs. Yesterday I finally got "THE" design finalized! I pulled ideas from different students' artwork and came up with a design that incorporates several of their ideas. It was a lot harder than I thought to come up with a design. Probably because I didn't want to limit the students to a strict theme when they were drawing, just told them to make whatever they would like to see as a school mural.
Now I need to make my shopping list and transfer the drawing to the wall. Painting will start in two weeks and will hopefully be finished in two weeks- (4 days, one 40-minute period for each class.) I figure if there are small touch-ups left to do, I'll just finish it. Getting pretty excited!